Please scroll down for info on public transport.
There are 2 bus organisations, both run and organised by parents themselves. The school does not receive any public funding to run buses. The school tries to help parents by providing supervision from the moment the bus arrives at school in the morning and after school until the child is handed over to the bus driver. In order to make sure a child goes on the correct bus (there are 8 at the moment), the school prints of a daily bus list for the younger pupils.
For more information please contact:
- Julia Lenaghan - BLOC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon Alcantara - CBC: email@example.com
Current bus routes:
- Route bus 1 (Bloc) - Boundary House, Botley, Jericho, North Oxford
- Route bus 2a (Bloc) - Oxford Morell Rd, Sandford, Littlemore, Headington
- Route bus 2b (Bloc) - Oxford, Berinsfield, Cowley Rd, Marston
- Route bus 3 (Bloc) - Cumnor, Wootton, Abingdon
- Route bus 4 (Bloc) - Abingdon, Radley, Kennington, South Oxford
- Route bus 5 (CBC) - Harwell, Blewbury, Didcot, Appleford
- Route bus 6 (CBC) - Wantage, South Abingdon, Drayton, Sutton Courtenay
- Route bus 7 (CBC) - Woodcote, Cholsey, Wallingford, Dorchester
Please consider whether your child is sufficiently mature to be on the bus. Often the bus driver is the only monitor, so the child has to stay in his or her seat with a seatbelt on and follow the bus driver's instructions. For very young children, the days may be too long and they may become too tired for learning during the school days. Some young children cope fine though, so the school leaves it up to the discretion of the parents. The school provides supervision until the children go into the bus.
It is important to inform the school office as soon as possible, with 2 days notice, of any changes in the bus routine. Do not just tell the teacher or leave a note, but phone the school or send an e-mail to the school on our dedicated e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you inform the school on the day, this means we have to interrupt the class to let the teacher know. We will only do so for emergencies.
If there is any doubt, the school will keep a child at school.
Contact details parent-run bus companies:
- Buses nr 1,2a and 2b,3 and 4 are run by Charleton: 01865 331249
- Buses number 5, 6 and 7 are run by JD Travel: 01865 714220
There is a small train station at about a 15 minute walk from the school. Please check the time carefully though, as there are not many trains stopping. For more information see:
The school is on the 114 bus route operated by Thames Travel between Wallingford - Berinsfield - Abingdon. The T2 bus service no longer operates following the withdrawal of a subsidy by the council.
If you arrive by bus or train, please give our reception office a call (01235 524060), as someone will need to open the gate (the one next to the bus stop) for you. For regular use please ask at the reception office for access via the Chapel gate.